It’s simple, a foyer is the entry way to your home. Therefore, the design of this space should be as inviting and appealling as your interior. The careful design of the foyers is often neglected as these areas are sometimes considered as the pass through space. So today, we give you five tips to assist you with making your foyer a truly designed space, compliments of .
Foyer Decorating Tips
1. Try painting your foyer a different color from the adjacent rooms. Warm colors generally appear more inviting.
2. It is advisable to use lighting with adjustable brightness. Though you need the foyer to be well lit, you don’t want it to be glaringly bright. If you want something ‘high impact’, experiment hanging a chandelier. Keep in mind the limitation of the space, when choosing lighting.
3. Hang a mirror in the foyer to show attractive features on the opposite wall and to give an effect of increased space.
4. You could also display a gallery wall of artwork, photographs or showcase a beautiful piece of sculpture or bronze on a foyer table.
5. In order to bring a bit of ‘life’ into the space you could place plants inside. It is ideal to consider ones that are ‘tall’ and do not occupy too much floor space .